Corporate Fact Sheet
Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 1,500 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 27-year-plus track record for high-end software for engineering and computing, enterprise analytics solutions, and innovative product design and development, Altair has more than 3,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the life sciences, financial services and energy markets.
In an increasingly virtual world, it is still real people – motivated by human aspirations and behaviors – who make a company what it is. Since our inception, Altair has been privileged to have leaders who demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, creativity, insight and focus. Altair leaders have also enthusiastically championed a business culture that fosters innovation, while valuing the talented individuals who have contributed to the company’s success.
BMW, Chrysler, Daimler, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Mazda, Nissan, Porsche, PSA, Saab, Toyota, Volkswagen
AgustaWestland, Airbus, ATK, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Bombardier, Cessna, EADS, Eurocopter, GE Aircraft Engine, Goodrich, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, RollsRoyce
Government & Defense
Argonne National Lab, Army Research Labs, General Dynamics, Los Alamos National Lab, NASA, ORNL, Sandia National Lab, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army RDECOM, U.S. Dept. of Defense, U.S. Dept of Energy, U.S. Dept of Health NIH, U.S. Navy NAVSEA
Alstom, ArvinMeritor, Caterpillar, Claas, Daimler, Detroit Diesel, Freightliner, International, John Deere, MAN, Oshkosh, Paccar, Pierce, Scania, Siemens, Volvo
Adidas, Bose, Canon, Colgate Palmolive, Fisher Price, Harley Davidson, Kohler, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, Steelcase, Unilever, Whirlpool
Life & Earth Sciences
AMGEN, Bayer, Dow, Genentech, National Cancer Institute, NCSA, NOAA, Pfizer, Protein Design Labs, Sanofi Oventis, Solexa, TGen, Weather Channel
Oil & Gas
AMEC NNC, Brasken, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, General Atomoics, JNES, Landmark, Petrobras, Schlumberger, Shell, Technip
Headquartered in Troy, Mich. USA, Altair has regional offices throughout:
Products and Services
- Australia/New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
– HyperWorks is an enterprise simulation solution for rapid design exploration and decision-making. As one of the most comprehensive, open-architecture CAE solutions in the industry, HyperWorks includes best-in-class modeling, analysis, visualization and data management solutions for linear, nonlinear, structural optimization, fluid-structure interaction, and multi-body dynamics applications.
– PBS Works provides a suite of on-demand, policy-based cloud computing technologies that allows enterprise clients to maximize their ROI on computing infrastructure assets. As an industry leader in both commercial and open-source workload management solutions, PBS Works is the most widely implemented software environment for grid-, cluster- and on-demand computing worldwide. www.pbsworks.com
– Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 500 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. This cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in simulation driven innovation. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach and uses proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
– Altair Business Analytics develops analytics technology and solutions that complement existing IT infrastructures to maximize business performance. Powered by HiQube®, Altair’s simulation-driven business analytics and performance optimization platform, Altair’s solutions enrich the value of existing BI stack investments by providing deeper, forward-looking insight to realize business objectives.
- solidThinking develops and markets industrial design/styling software that helps designers invent, explore and evaluate new ideas easily, rapidly and cost-effectively, without the limitations of traditional software. Designers use solidThinking software to create photorealistic 3D virtual prototypes of products across the design arena, from architecture and automobiles to electronic devices, jewelry, product packaging and yachts.
– TOGGLED is a Troy, Michigan, USA-based company focused on next-generation solid-state lighting technology. The company was formed in 2007 as a spinoff venture and wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. with initial products based on Altair's intellectual property for the direct replacement of fluorescent light tubes with light-emitting diode (LED) lamps.